Thu, 19 Oct|
Precious Postcards 23
Open call charity collection
Time & Location
19 Oct 2023, 14:05 – 22 Nov 2023, 23:00
About the Event
Precious Poscards is BACK!
After the heart warming success last year, I am so excited to open the letter box again for your magical minatures to come flying through.
Do you love the 'gift shop feeling' of bringing home a postcard of a beloved artwork? Precious Postcards is about celebrating that accessibility to owning a piece of artwork but with original works on paper.
The collection will be available to buy for a very affordbale price of £30 - £60, so think about creating studies or musings that capture your unique artist’s essence rather than extensively worked pieces.
20% of sales will go to FoodCycle, a brilliant charity a brilliant charity that turns surplus food into three-course meals with kind conversation for people all over the UK.
HOW TO ENTER
- Original work on paper / card / textile in any medium
- Monotypes, hand-made prints or photography in small editions also welcome
- Any subject matter - ideally something with all year round appeal
- Size: A6 Postcard (approx 10 x 15cm - not too much bigger)
- Wall price: £30 - £60 max
- FREE to enter
- Enter up to 5 artworks - email images as jpeg attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Images need to be good quality (roughtly 1-2MB) and edited suitable for promoting online
- Label each jpeg attachment with ARTIST NAME, TITLE, MEDIUM, DIMENSIONS, WALL PRICE
- Call is open now until 11pm on Wednesday 22 November
- Selection will be made on Friday 24 November
- Artworks will need to be posted / delivered to Bristol on Monday 27 November
- 1st Class postage to be paid for by the artist
- 1st Class postage return of unsold pieces paid for by Art & People
- For international artists - works will feature in the online collection only and be shipped direct to the collector to save on shipping costs!
- The collection will be exhibited in a physical pop up exhibition at That Art Gallery, Bristol
- 5 December. Open frm 10am with Drinks 6-9pm
- Collection will then be for sale online via the Art & People website and Instagram
- Artworks will be exclusive to Art & People until the end of January 2024
- Art & People will manage all sales, shipping and collections
- Artists will receive 50% of their artwork sales
- FoodCycle will receive 20% of sales
- Art & People will retain 30% of sales
- Artists will be paid for all pre-Christmas purchases on Friday 22 December
- Sales after this time will be paid at the end of January
Please do get in touch with any questions. I really hope you get involved!
Kind wishes and bon chance!