Wed, 22 Feb|
Pricing Your Work (Sold Out)
Group workshop for Bow Arts Trust
Time & Location
22 Feb, 18:00 – 20:00
London, 183 Bow Rd, Bow, London E3 2SJ, UK
About the Event
For many artists, pricing your artwork can be a real stumbling block - but it needn't be! Art & People want to help you understand your worth and figure out how to price your work confidently and consistently.
In the peer crit, Claudia will kick things off by sharing some fundamental pointers to help artists critically interrogate their current pricing frameworks, encouraging them to consider what does it cost them? What stage are they at? What is the selling environment? And other important reflection points. We will then open up the individual peer crits, where each artist will get around 12-15 minutes to present their work and get personalised feedback from Claudia, as well as advice from wider group discussions with the other artists participating.
Attendees are encouraged to bring along 3 examples of their work to the peer crit that they can speak to, either physically or digitally.
- Opportunity for 8 artists to present their practice, join the conversation and receive personalised feedback
- Introduction to the guest speaker’s professional practice
- Exploratory activities to allow artists to critically examine their current pricing frameworks and what works and what doesn’t
- Opportunity to network and meet other artists with similar experiences, who are working and practicing today
What you will gain
- Curatorial feedback on your individual artwork prices and general pricing methodology
- An actionable plan on how to go forward pricing your artwork
- An insight into how other artists practicing today are approaching this topic
- A new network of artists and creative professionals
Tickets £10/£7 (concession rate applies to students, over 65s, under 18s, Bow Arts artists, National Art Pass members, and key workers)